Friday, August 16, 2013

Who I Think Should Play T'Challa In BLACK PANTHER

So if I had a time machine, my absolute first choice for an actor to play T'Chala aka The Black Panther would always and forever be Djimon Hounsou.  The man is just straight up exactly how I picture a real life T'Challa.  I mean just look at this beautiful man:


Alas, Djimon is pushing 50, which makes him a bit old to play T'Challa.  Plus, he is now playing Korath the Pursuer in Guardians of the Galaxy.  So he is already in the Marvel Universe.  But back in the day, damn that would have been perfect.

My second choice is Idris Elba.  Because Idris Elba should play every character.  He is that good.


But, again, he is in his early 40's, so a bit too old for the role.  He also is already in the Marvel Universe as Heimdall in Thor and the Thor sequel.  Cuz he's that good. Gawd, he's a good looking man.

So, marvel is most likely looking for a 20's to 30's actor.  Someone not too well known.  They have to keep their costs down.  But someone who can command a lead performance in a very significant role and movie.  

Here are my suggestions and hopes:



My first choice is Chadwick Boseman.  Chadwick is 31 years old and is most known for his portrayal of Jackie Robinson in the movie 42.  On his IMDB resume, his athletic attributes are listed as; martial arts, boxing, basketball, football, and baseball.  


My second choice is Dayo Okeniyi.  Dayo is 25 years old and most recently play Thresh in The Hunger Games.  He is also set to play Marcus in The Spectacular Now...which I just know is going to be a fantastic movie.  He does not have an extensive IMDB resume, but from the looks of his physique in The Hunger Games, he is in excellent physical shape.  He is also Nigerian, so all of the fans who are crying that T'Challa HAS to be played by a true African (which I would love) would be very happy. 

And that, my friends, is who I believe should get the chance to play a very key character in the Marvel Universe.  And this movie better happen.  If Marvel/Disney thinks they can pull off a gun-toting foul-mouthed raccoon and a raging tree creature in space, they better have the balls to make Marvel's main black character come to life on the big screen!



No comments:

Post a Comment